You’re engaged! Woooooooooo! But…what now? I’ve been there and I didn’t know where to start! Here are some tips from someone that has helped brides plan for awhile now-
- Soak it in! Take a selfie, throw a party. Just enjoy this blissful time before you get a million questions from everyone you know.
- Your first big decision together-who are you going to tell, when and how.
- Get your nails done so you can take the perfect ring selfie!
- Take care of your ring! Get it resized (so it doesn’t slip off your finger!) and insured if it isn’t already.
- You are going to get asked right away-how did he propose and when is the date. Decide on the season you want to get married, select a few possible dates. Or pick a date that is meaningful to you. Having a few options helps in case your venue or wedding photographer are already booked. Check out this post with tips on how to pick your date.
- Determine your style and budget. This is the time to hire a wedding planner to help you. If not, at least get a wedding planner/binder to keep you organized!
- Book your venue (if needed, there are some lovely elopement locations out there for free)
- Book your wedding photographer (hey that’s what I do :P)! And the videographer too if you are opting for one.
- Choose your wedding party (asking them in a cute way is really fun!)
- Take Engagement Photos
- Create a guest list and send invites
- Get your wedding dress (so much fun trying on dresses!), suit, his ring, book other vendors (go to several cake and catering tastings…yum!) and decor.
Bonus tip: Plan for your marriage, not just the wedding 😉